Feasibility and Efficacy of Engagement Modules for Renal and Liver Transplant Candidates
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This current study aims to evaluate the efficacy of engagement modules in assisting patients who are candidates for renal and liver transplantation make significant lifestyle modifications. With the help of the Center for Innovation (CFI), a smartphone app (Android and iOS compatible) has been created to assist in both educating and engaging patients to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle modifications. Our goal is to create a cost-effective, smartphone-based platform that serves to not only efficiently educate but to also verify competence and keep our patients engaged.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Individuals who are candidates for liver or renal transplant.
2. Individuals who own a smartphone.
3. Individuals who are obese.
1. Patients with prior history of bariatric surgery.
2. Patients with active psychiatric disorder.
3. Patients with active tobacco use.
4. Patients with active substance use (alcohol, illicit drugs, etc.)