A Phase I, Open Label, Dose Escalation Study of Intravenous Administration of Single Agent NEOD001 in Subjects With Light Chain (AL) Amyloidosis
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of the dose escalation phase of the study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose/Phase 2 recommended dose of NEOD001 when given as a single agent intravenously in approximately 30 subjects with AL amyloidosis.
The purpose of the expansion phase of the study is to evaluate the safety, preliminary efficacy and pharmacokinetics of single agent NEOD001 at the maximum tolerated dose/Phase 2 recommended dose in approximately 20 additional evaluable subjects.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Males and females aged ≥18 years;
2. ECOG performance status (PS) 0-2;
3. Diagnosis of systemic AL amyloidosis (subjects with non-AL amyloidosis are not eligible);
4. Received at least one prior systemic therapy, which may include stem cell transplant, for AL amyloidosis;
5. Have adequate organ function;
6. Ability to understand and willingness to sign informed consent prior to initiation of any study procedures.
1. Secondary or familial amyloidosis;
2. Life expectancy of < 3 months;
3. Symptomatic multiple myeloma;
4. Hypersensitivities to other monoclonal antibodies;
5. Known HIV infection;
6. Women who are lactating;
7. Any other condition or prior therapy, which in the opinion of the PI, would make the subject unsuitable for the study.