A Pilot Study to Evaluate the Contribution of the Saphenous Nerve in Ankle Pain of Patients With Degenerative Joint Disease of the Ankle
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
To assess the pain scores before and after saphenous nerve block placement in patients with degenerative joint disease of the ankle
Who is eligible to participate?
- Patients evaluated with osteoarthritis who are surgical candidates for ankle fusion or total ankle replacement.
- Registered patients at Mayo Clinic in Florida with scheduled visit to see Dr.Whalen
- Patients with lower extremity diabetic neuropathy
- History of prior trauma of ankle with residual nerve injury
- Current medication of pregabalin or gabalin
- Allergy to lidocaine.