Stress Management for Couples With Infertility Undergoing In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The investigators are trying to determine two different stress management techniques in couples undergoing IVF. One arm will be randomized to learning these techniques by themselves by watching and following instructions on a digital video disc (DVD). The other arm will have an in-person class that will teach the couples different stress reduction techniques.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Women with clinical infertility, either primary or secondary, who are recommended for IVF for the first time as part of their treatment for infertility
- Women with a partner, and both are willing to provide consent for study participation as a couple
- Couples that can be reached by telephone for follow-up
- Women less than 18 years of age
- Women equal or greater than 40 years of age
- Women with a history of recurrent pregnancy loss
- History of current or recent psychotic episode within past 6 months for either the woman or her partner
- Couples needing a interpreter for their clinical encounter