Feasibility and Efficacy of Engagement Modules for Pre-Bariatric Surgery Patients.
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This current study aims to evaluate the efficacy of engagement modules in preparing patients for bariatric surgery. With the help of the Center for Innovation (CFI), a smartphone app (Android and Apple compatible) has been created that will assist in both educating and engaging patients to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle modifications. Our goal is to create a cost-effective, smartphone-based platform that serves to not only efficiently educate but to also verify competence and keep our patients engaged during the lengthy pre-bariatric surgery process.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Patients, who upon completion of an evaluation by Endocrinology, are considered appropriate to pursue a primary, laparoscopic bariatric surgery.
2. Patients who are 18 years of age or greater.
3. Patients who own a smartphone.
1. Patients with a history of a prior bariatric surgery.
2. Patients with active psychiatric disorder(s).
3. Patients with active tobacco use.
4. Patients with active substance use (alcohol, illicit drugs, etc.)