Technical Success, Safety, and Short-term Efficacy for MR-Guided Laser Ablation of Hepatic Tumors
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This is a pilot study to investigate the performance of MR-guided Laser Induced Thermal Therapy (LITT) in the treatment of liver tumors.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Patients with soft tissue tumor metastases to the liver who are referred to Interventional Radiology for treatment.
- Surgery is not a viable or desirable alternative therapy at the time of enrollment
- Radiation therapy has failed or not indicated or can be safely postponed
- Tumor size ≤ 5 cm at its largest diameter
- Tumor position is not in the central liver hilum
- Performance status is ECOG 2 or better in adults
- Patient is able to undergo MRI
- Patients with pacemaker or defibrillator
- Patients with metallic surgical clips close to the site of the intended ablation
- Pregnant women
- Patients with hilar liver lesions