The Assessment of Novel Functional Risk Factors for the Prediction of Cardiovascular Events in Vulnerable Patients Following Acute Coronary Syndrome
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this study is to determine if testing patients for endothelial dysfunction will help identify which patients are more likely at risk to have another heart attack in the future. Study participants will undergo mental stress testing while at the same time being connected to a device that measures endothelial function via the Endopat device. These same participants will also undergo a sleep study via the Watchpat device.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Patients undergoing revascularization by percutaneous intervention (PCI) for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) at Mayo (STEMI and NonSTEMI patients)
2. Age greater than 18
1. Patients likely not to complete the study due to co-morbid conditions (end stage renal disease; liver failure; malignancies)
2. Inability to sign a consent form or availability for follow up
3. Patients unable to tolerate the blood pressure cuff inflation on both arms
4. patients with tremors
5. sustained non-sinus cardiac arrhythmias
6. acrylic finger nails
7. permanent pacemaker
8. color blindness
9. use of alpha blockers and short acting nitrates < 3 hours before study
10. Federal Medical Center inmates