Microvesicle Production After Acute Trauma and Its Clinical Impact on Venothromboembolism
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this research study is to look at how trauma affects the ability of blood to clot. The blood of people who suffer a traumatic injury can under-clot or over-clot, and this research study will look at blood drawn from people after they suffer a traumatic injury to see how well their blood clots.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Male and female patients 18 years of age or older
- Blunt trauma patients including those with closed head injury
- Penetrating trauma patients
- Are on therapeutic anticoagulation
- Have preexisting coagulopathy
- Patients greater than 12 hours from time of injury
- Have history of malignancy or preexisting diagnosis of sepsis or renal failure
- Patients with burn injuries
- Male and female patients younger than 18 years of age
- Pregnant patients