Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patient has an appointment for screening mammography, as referred or recommended by a health care provider.
- Screening mammogram is received at same facility within 28 days of blood draw (i.e. blood may be drawn up to 28 days before or 28 days after the screening mammogram).
- Patient provides informed consent and expresses understanding of the protocol and its requirements, risks, and discomforts.
- Patient provides consent to participate in long-term follow-up, such as contact via study portal, mail, or phone, for further self-reported information regarding cancer diagnoses, change to health plan or residential status, or requests for additional blood draws and linkage to state cancer registries and administrative databases.
- Inability on the part of the patient to understand the informed consent or be compliant with the protocol.
- Breast biopsy to evaluate abnormal breast imaging results has occurred prior to a planned research blood draw.