Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- The normal controls are healthy individuals with no history of eosinophil-associated diseases.
- Subjects are healthy individuals except for eosinophil-associated disease conditions as described here.
- Patients with asthma are selected based on a diagnosis that includes their histories of recurrent wheezing and chest tightness and an asthma diagnosis from current or previous physicians.
- Patients with eosinophilic esophagitis are selected based on diagnosis of EoE from current or previous physicians.
- Patients who have received systemic glucocorticoids or high-dose (>1,000 µg/day) inhaled glucocorticoids during the past 3 months or who are previous or current smokers will be excluded.
- Patients who have received oral or swallowed steroids within the past 6 weeks will be excluded.