A Study of the Effect of Dogs in the Bedroom on Human Sleep
About this study
The purpose of this study is to assess with objective data if the presence of a dog in the bedroom disturbs their human's sleep.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age 18 and over
- Dog owners whose dog sleeps in the bedroom
- Equal number of participants with one dog that sleeps in their bedroom and greater than one dog that sleeps in their bedroom
- Dog owners with a diagnosed sleep disorder
- Have a dog less than 6 months old
- Have a dog routinely requiring care at night (medication administration, seizures etc)
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Lois Krahn, M.D.
Closed for enrollment