Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients with New York Heart Association (NYHA) class I-IV HF, regardless of left ventricular functional status.
- These patients will be on stable doses of optimized medications (including β-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers, and diuretics) for at least 1 month prior to enrollment.
- Subjects with allergies or skin sensitivities to electrode hydrogel and/or acrylic based adhesive, subjects with skin breakdown in areas on the chest where device placement is required or subjects with Neurostimulators will also not be able have thoracic fluid status accessed using the µ-cor device, but could complete all other parts of the study.
- The majority of patients will be recruited from the Heart Failure Clinic and the Cardiovascular Health Clinic (CVHC) in the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases of Mayo Clinic, as well as from the surrounding community.
- Subjects recruited must not be pregnant or trying to become pregnant (this will be confirmed with a blood pregnancy test at the SMH CRU before any testing begins).