Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- PBSC donors must meet the same criteria as NMDP marrow donors. These criteria are set forth in NMDP Standards and the Donor Center Manual of Operations.
- Pregnancy or uninterruptible breastfeeding. Pregnancy is an absolute contraindication under this protocol. Women who are breastfeeding must be willing and able to interrupt breastfeeding during the administration of filgrastim and for two days following the final dose.
- Sensitivity to filgrastim or to E. coli-derived recombinant protein products.
- History of autoimmune disorders, including rheumatic diseases and thyroid disorders. Exception: As with bone marrow donations, donors with a history of thyroid disease who have undergone successful therapy may be suitable.
- History of deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
- History of iritis or episcleritis.
- Thrombocytopenia < 150 x 10(9)/L (< 150,000/µL) at baseline evaluation.
- Current treatment with lithium. Drug interactions between filgrastim and lithium, which may potentiate the release of neutrophils, have not been fully evaluated.
- Positive Hemoglobin-Solubility (e.g., SickleDex™ or equivalent) test.
- Donors receiving experimental therapy or investigational agents.