Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients age 0-100 with a clinically diagnosed heritable channelopathy or cardiomyopathy (the proband).
- Relatives of the proband ≥18 years old who are mutation negative and/or disease negative, to serve as controls.
- Note of clarification: Only children with a clinically diagnosed heritable channelopathy or cardiomyopathy are eligible to participate in this study. If the relative of a proband is a child without the heritable channelopathy or cardiomyopathy, that child is not eligible to participate.
- Patients with allergy to subcutaneous lidocaine, bupivicaine, or epinephrine.
- Relatives of a proband that are <18 years of age who are mutation negative and/or disease-negative.
- In other words, children are only eligible for this study if they themselves have a heritable channelopathy or cardiomyopathy; they are not eligible to serve as controls