Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Subjects with a first degree relative with dementia
- All subjects sign a consent form
- Medical history/ neurologic examination: requires good physical and mental health
- Folstein mini-mental status exam (MMSE): score at least 28 (62,63).
- Mattis Dementia Rating Scale (DRS) (64): score at least 135.
- Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (17-item version) (65): score less than 10.
- Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-III-R: establish normal psychiatric status