Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients with an ICD or Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Device (CRT-D) undergoing pocket generator replacement.
- Age ≥ 18 years
- If there is an absolute contraindication to DFT testing
- NYHA class IV
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) > 24 hours unless on oral anticoagulation or negative TEE
- Recent anoxic brain injury
- Obvious lead malfunction (i.e. short V-V intervals, inappropriate shock for noise, clear fracture on Chest X-ray, etc.)
- Unwilling to provide written informed consent
- Unavailable for Follow-up
- Pregnancy (or women of child-bearing potential not taking or willing to take an effective method of contraception).