Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients with suspected NCSE in the Mayo Clinic Florida hospital, emergency room or intensive care unit.
- Age: Patients of 18 years or older will be included in this study
- Education: All education levels will be included
- Patients younger than 18 years of age.
- Patients with open head trauma.
- Patients with anatomy that would preclude EEG cap placement.
- Patients excluded for anatomical or age-related reasons will be tracked to determine applicability of the EEG cap to the patient population at Mayo Clinic.
- Pregnant females
- Large head size not amenable to cap placement
- Scalp infection
- Inability to obtain informed consent