Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Female participants must have histologically or cytologically confirmed invasive breast cancer
- Presence or suspicion of recurrent or metastatic breast cancer is required, and only those for whom a biopsy is clinically recommended will be included (biopsy cannot be for research purposes only)
- Male participants must have biopsy proven breast cancer
- All participants must be able to understand and willing to sign an informed consent document.
- Altered mental status, or any psychiatric condition that would prohibit the understanding or rendering of informed consent
- History of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction to local anesthetics (i.e. lidocaine, xylocaine)
- Any other condition, which in the opinion of the patient’s treating oncologist, or the physician performing the biopsy procedure, would make participation in this protocol unreasonably hazardous for the patient.