Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Attending the Mayo Clinic Depression Center and Behavioral Health Clinic at Mayo Clinic Health System, Austin, Minnesota
- DSM-V diagnostic confirmation of major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Baseline PHQ-9 scores in the range of ≥6-≤19, and HAMD-17 score 8-18, or QIDS-C16 score of 6-20
- Able to speak English
- Participants will continue taking any prescribed medications from their clinical treatment team
- Patients with co-morbid secondary diagnoses of persistent depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorders will be included in the study.
- Participants with bipolar disorder
- Active psychosis
- Active suicidal ideations
- Active substance abuse meeting criteria for substance use disorders except nicotine
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Active Panic disorder with agoraphobia, other phobic disorder
- Active Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Active Severe personality disorders.