Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Individuals who previously underwent a 2 hour, 7-sample oral glucose tolerance test as part of IRB# 348-05 (n:190); IRB# 07-005203 (n:187) and IRB# 11-007525 (n:135) and on who we have minimal model indices of insulin secretion and insulin action. We propose to recruit subjects from these cohorts who are homozygous for the disease-associated allele (T) at rs7903146 or homozygous for the disease-protecting allele (C).
- No known active systemic illness
- Be taking any medication that could affect glucose metabolism
- No history of abdominal surgery (other than appendectomy or tubal ligation).
- Subjects with a fasting blood glucose >126 mg/dL