Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- All transplant patients (kidney, solitary pancreas, pancreas after kidney or simultaneous pancreas and kidney) at high risk for cardiac event.
- Criteria for high risk status may include any of the below criteria
- Age above 50
- H/o diabetes mellitus
- H/o cardiac disease.
- Must have completed a pre-transplant VO2 max test.
- History of complicated ventricular cardiac arrhythmia
- Present neurological or orthopedic condition preventing completion of exercise
- Recent myocardial infarction within the last 4 weeks
- Current or history of pericarditis or endocarditis
- Current or history of aortic stenosis
- Unable to perform or complete VO2 max testing per PI