Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult (≥18 years of age) donors recruited for lymphoid tissue biopsy by the principal investigator, co-investigators, study coordinators, Infectious Disease clinic nurses, or clinic phlebotomists.
- Required to have a platelet count >50,000/mm³ documented in the medical record within 30 days prior to the procedure.
- Eligible participants may have HIV infection, or another infection or inflammatory condition that may affect the content or structure of lymph nodes, or no known disease if used as a normal control.
- Inability to provide informed consent
- Self-reported or clinically documented pregnancy
- Known allergy to local anesthetic
- Significant bleeding diatheses
- Active bacterial infection
- Any other condition that in the opinion of the principal investigator would increase the risk of the adverse events associated with the surgical procedure.