A Study of Performing the King-Devick Concussion Test in a Right and Left Neck Rotation
About this study
The purpose of this study is to compare the use of the King-Devick concussion test in the traditional neutral (forward facing) position, to a 45 degree turn of the neck to the left and right.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- 15-25 year old competitive and recreational athletes
- Control group
- Concussion group (no symptoms)
- Three days to 3 weeks post-concussion
- Determination of sustained concussion based on current Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine diagnostic criteria
- A Mayo Sports Medicine Athletic Trainer or Physician will determine the presence of a concussion with testing performed at the playing field or in the Sports Medicine Center
- Any pre-existing condition preventing the ability to perform neck range of motion or a neck strength assessment
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.