Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Women at least 18 years of age, who will undergo immediate unilateral or bilateral implant-based breast reconstruction following therapeutic skin-sparing or nipple-sparing mastectomy.
- Women at least 18 years of age, who will undergo immediate bilateral implant-based breast reconstruction following risk-reduction (prophylactic) skin-sparing or nipple-sparing mastectomy.
- Subjects who are unable to read or speak English.
- Patients desiring autologous reconstruction.
- BMI >40.
- History of radiation therapy to the breast(s), e.g. history of breast conservation therapy.
- Current nicotine and/or tobacco use.
- Documented diagnosis of chronic pain.
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding *
- Women who decline the use of ADM.
- Surgeon decision not to proceed with tissue expander reconstruction.
- Women undergoing single stage (straight to implant) reconstruction.
- Presence of implants (submuscular or subcutaneous) from previous breast surgery.