Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Subjects must be referred to the Pain Clinic for an occipital nerve injection.
- Must have Occipital Neuralgia and/or Cervicogenic Headache
- Bilateral GON symptoms and/or cervicogenic headache symptoms
- History of cervical spine surgery/procedure or trauma in past 6 months that may have caused or contributed to the occipital pain or cervicogenic headache, excluding Occipital Nerve Blocks (ONB).
- Evidence of impaired sensation in the GON dermatome region
- Evidence of cranial defect/abnormality near target injection site
- Untreated cutaneous infection, systemic illness, or immunocompromised state
- History of bleeding tendency or use of anticoagulants
- History of adverse reaction to anesthetic agents or corticosteroids
- Occipital nerve block in past 3 months