Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Subjects scheduled for cardiac catheterization (elective coronary angiogram for suspected myocardial ischemia and/or right heart study for suspected heart disease).
- Matched control subjects who are age (+/- 2 years) and sex matched to the first 20 subjects of the cardiac cohort, and are scheduled to undergo a non-cardiac invasive procedure, such as hernia, varicose vein, dermatologic or ophthalmologic surgery
- No-procedure control subjects who are age (+/- 2 years) and sex matched to the first 20 subjects of the cardiac cohort and are not scheduled to undergo any procedure for the duration of the study
- Known history of coronary artery disease (documented by coronary angiography as greater than 50% obstruction)
- Previous revascularization procedure (CABG or percutaneous balloon/stenting)
- Known history of voice disorder either primary or secondary to neuromuscular or other pathology
- Patients under the age of 18 years