Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Subjects with all cause dementia and probable Alzheimer's disease at enrollment and who completed participation in one of the following three TauRx studies (inclusive of the 4-week post-treatment follow-up visit): TRx-237-005, TRx-237-008, or TRx-237-015.
- Subjects with a diagnosis of probable bvFTD at enrollment and who completed participation in TauRx study TRx-237-007 through Visit 9 (Week 52).
- Females, if of child-bearing potential, must practice true abstinence or continue to use adequate contraception and agree to maintain this throughout the study
- Subject, and/or, in the case of reduced decision-making capacity, legally acceptable representative(s) consistent with national law and ethics approval is/are able to read, understand, and provide written informed consent
- Has an identified adult caregiver who is willing to provide written informed consent for his/her own participation; is able to read, understand, and speak the designated language at the study site; either lives with the subject or sees the subject for ≥1 hour/day ≥3 days/week; agrees to accompany the subject to each study visit; and is able to verify daily compliance with study drug
- Able to comply with the study procedures
- History of swallowing difficulties
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Clinically significant laboratory, pulse co-oximetry, electrocardiogram, or imaging abnormality (in originating study) or emergent intercurrent illness that, in the judgment of the principal investigator, could result in the risk of participation outweighing the potential benefit
- Current participation in, or intent to enroll in, another clinical trial of a drug, biologic, device, or medical food