Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Histologically confirmed invasive breast cancer by core needle or incisional biopsy (excisional biopsy is not allowed). Tumors must be clinical stage T2-3 N0-2 or T1 N1-2 per AJCC Staging Edition 7 or clinical stage T2-3 N0-2 or T1 N1-2 by physical exam or radiologic studies.
- Documented Breast Cancer Gene (BRCA) germline mutation testing.
- Estrogen Receptor (ER)-, Progesterone Receptor (PR)-, and Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (HER)2-negative (triple-negative) cancer of the breast.
- ECOG Performance status of 0 to 1.
- Women must be determined to be not of childbearing potential (surgically sterile, or postmenopausal defined as amenorrheic for at least 12 months) by the Investigator OR they must have a negative serum pregnancy test prior to randomization.
- Previous anti-cancer treatment (cytotoxic chemotherapy, immunotherapy, biologic therapy radiotherapy or investigational agents) with therapeutic intent for current breast cancer.
- Previous treatment with carboplatin, paclitaxel, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide and a Poly-(ADP-ribose)-Polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
- Concurrent treatment with an ovarian hormonal replacement therapy or with hormonal agents such as raloxifene, tamoxifen or other selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM). Subjects must have discontinued use of such agents prior to beginning study treatment.
- A history of seizure within 12 months prior to study entry.
- Pre-existing neuropathy from any cause in excess of Grade 1.