Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Diagnosis of SAA based on bone marrow aspirate and biopsy results. Failure to respond to immunosuppressive therapy. Lack of an HLA identical family member.
- A 6/6 or 5/6 HLA matched unrelated donor or a 5/6 matched related donor available after high resolution typing.
- Patients with Aplastic anemia and active infection must be treated to maximally resolve this problem before beginning the conditioning regimen.
- HIV seropositive patients
- Patients who have clonal cytogenetic abnormalities or a myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Patient greater than 60 years of age.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing.
- Patients with active hepatitis
- Patients with severe cardiac dysfunction defined as shortening fraction <25%.
- Patients with severe renal dysfunction defined as creatinine clearance <40ml/mim/1.73m2.
- Patient with severe pulmonary dysfunction with FEV1, FVC and DLCO 40% of predicted or 3 SD below normal.