Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients evaluated with osteoarthritis who are surgical candidates for ankle fusion or total ankle replacement.
- Registered patients at Mayo Clinic in Florida with scheduled visit to see Dr.Whalen
- Patients with lower extremity diabetic neuropathy
- History of prior trauma of ankle with residual nerve injury
- Current medication of pregabalin or gabalin
- Allergy to lidocaine