Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Pre or post renal transplant recipients who are "sensitized", having allo antibodies as evidenced by single antigen bead analysis (mean fluorescence index, MFI >1000).
- Those who give voluntary written informed consent before performance of any study-related procedures, which are not part of normal medical care, with the understanding that consent may be withdrawn by the subject at any time without prejudice to future medical care
- Any patient currently receiving systemic anticoagulation therapy with heparin or Coumadin.
- Patient has a platelet count of <30x 10(9)/L within 14 days before enrollment.
- Patient has an absolute neutrophil count of ANC<1.0 x 10(9)/L within 14 days before enrollment.
- Patient has received other investigational drugs within 14 days before enrollment.
- Serious medical or psychiatric illness likely to interfere with participation in this clinical study.
- Diagnosed or treated for malignancy within 5 years of enrollment, with the exception of complete resection of basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, an in situ malignancy, or low-risk prostate cancer after curative therapy.
- Contraindication to kidney transplantation—active infection, comorbid medical conditions, etc.