Collecting and Storing Samples of Bone Marrow and Blood From Patients With Relapsed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia or Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Study type: Observational What is this?
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Rochester, Minnesota: 07-007836
NCT ID: NCT00897325
Sponsor Protocol Number: AALL05B1
About this study
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of bone marrow and blood from patients with cancer to study in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about cancer and help predict the recurrence of cancer.
PURPOSE: This research study is collecting and storing samples of bone marrow and blood from patients with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia or relapsed non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.
See eligibility criteria
- Diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) or prior history of non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- In first or subsequent marrow relapse with ≥ 25% blasts in bone marrow and/or peripheral blood
- Bone marrow and/or peripheral blood samples (≥ 5 mL) required at the time of diagnosis of relapse
Prior Concurrent Therapy:
- No concurrent systemic antileukemic treatment administered for current relapse
- Intrathecal chemotherapy allowed
- On-therapy relapse allowed
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Vilmarie Rodriguez, M.D.
Open for enrollment
Cancer Center Clinical Trials Referral Office