Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age 18 years or older at entry to protocol.
- History of MRI lesional-related epilepsy for at least one year.
- Failure to respond to more than 2 anti-epileptic drugs at adequate dose and duration.
- Candidate for resective epilepsy surgery.
- Considered healthy enough to undergo surgery with general anesthesia.
- The patient has given written informed consent after the nature of the study and alternative treatment options have been explained.
- Must have 3 months of seizure frequency recorded prior to procedure.
- Presence of any non-MRI compatible implanted electronic device.
- Presence of a metallic prosthetic or implant including artificial hips, knees, joints, or rods and screws.
- Active Major depression
- History of Suicide attempts
- History of Non-Epileptic Behavioral Spells