Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Study closed to enrollment
- Male or female subjects from 45 to 85 years of age
- Definite IPF within 3 years prior to screening
- Able to walk at least 50 meters
- Subjects cured of Hepatitis C are eligible
- Significant diseases other than IPF
- Obstructive lung disease
- Aortic aneurysm greater than or equal to 3.5 cm in diameter
- Treatment with immunosuppressive, cytotoxic, or antifibrotic drugs < 28 days prior to randomization are not permitted.
- N-acetylcysteine is permitted provided the individual has been on a stable dose for > 4 weeks prior to screening
- Concomitant use of pirfenidone or nintedanib must be in accordance with the approved prescribing instructions in the country where the site is located
- Individuals actively listed for lung transplant are excluded. However individuals at transplant centers with long waiting times (greater than 1 year) may be permitted to enter the study after discussion with Medical Monitor.