Increasing Activity in Liver Transplant Patients
About this study
Will adult liver transplant patients who are provided with physical activity (walking) instructions increase their physical activity and perceive an improved quality of life?
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult patients 18-65 years of age who receive a liver transplant at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville.
- Adult patients who are 5-21 days post liver transplant.
- Must be followed by Mayo Clinic Jacksonville at 4 months postoperatively.
- Approved by a hepatologist and/or transplant surgeon to participate.
- Patients with active infections
- Patients with encephalopathy or cognitive dysfunction
- Patients who receive a combined liver-kidney transplant
- Patients with severe debility
- Patients who require assistance to ambulate.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Jennifer Serotta, D.N.P., A.R.N.P., FNP-C
Closed for enrollment