Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Subjects currently on stimulant, antipsychotic, bupropion or tricyclic antidepressant medications.
- Prior rTMS, vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) or electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Contraindication to MRI
- Contraindication to rTMS (history of neurological disorder such as seizures, increased intracranial pressure, brain surgery, or head trauma with loss of consciousness for >15 minutes, history of stroke, family history of epilepsy, intracardiac lines, Anticoagulant, immune suppressive and/or chemotherapy, or those who received any of these therapies within 3 months before enrollment in the study Unstable medication conditions such as hematological or infectious (e.g., human immunodeficiency virus-HIV) disorders, implanted electronic device, metal in the head, or pregnancy)
- History of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, other [non mood disorder] psychosis, depression secondary to a medical condition, mental retardation, substance dependence or abuse within the past year (except nicotine), bipolar disorder, psychotic features in this or previous episodes, amnestic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder
- History of autoimmune, endocrine, viral, or vascular disorder.
- Unstable cardiac disease, uncontrolled hypertension, or sleep apnea
- Active suicidal intent or plan, or history of attempt within the past 6 months