Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- MMSE score of 28-30
- Hamilton Depression Rating Scale score of less than 10
- Participants in longitudinal study of aging and have a TOMM40 genotype of S/S, VL/VL, S/VL, L/S or L/VL.
- Alzheimer's Disease or Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Any significant medical, psychiatric, and neurological illnesses, e.g., impaired liver or kidney function, prior stroke, traumatic brain injury, memory impairment, cognitive impairment, parkinsonism, a lifetime history of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, a psychoactive substance use disorder, or current major depression.
- Known allergy to benzodiazepines
- Current use (within the previous four weeks) of benzodiazepines or other medications known to interact with lorazepam, current use of sedating antihistamines, or current use of stimulant medications