Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- 18 years of age or older.
- Hearing loss in the ear to be implanted must such that speech understanding is not possible with a well fitted hearing aid. Specifically, less than 50% monosyllabic word understanding when that ear is tested in the best-aided condition and the other ear is sufficiently occluded or masked.
- Onset of hearing loss in the adult group must be post-lingual (after three years of age).
- Children 7 years of age and older.
- Hearing loss in the ear to be implanted configured such that word understanding is less 50% in the best aided condition.
- Onset of hearing loss in the pediatric group must be post-lingual (after three years of age).