Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age 18 through 75
- BMI between 18-40 kg/m2 and weight greater than or equal 40 kg
- Documented physician-diagnosed asthma - Subjects must have received a physician-prescribed asthma controller regimen with medium- or high-dose ICS plus LABA -If on asthma controller medications in addition to ICS plus LABA, the dose of the other asthma controller medications (leukotriene receptor inhibitors, theophylline, secondary ICS, LAMA, cromones, or maintenance oral prednisone or equivalent up to a maximum of 10 mg daily or 20 mg every other day for the maintenance treatment of asthma) must be stable. -Subjects must have a documented history of at least 2 asthma exacerbation events.
- Diagnosis of vocal cord dysfunction, reactive airways dysfunction syndrome, hyperventilation and panic attacks, or other mimics of asthma.
- Current smokers or subjects with a smoking history of ≥ 10 pack years
- Former smokers with < 10 pack years must have stopped for at least 1 year to be eligible.
- Any concomitant respiratory disease that in the opinion of the investigator and/or medical monitor will interfere with the evaluation of the investigational product or interpretation of subject safety or study results (eg, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, bronchiectasis, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, Churg-Strauss syndrome).
- Evidence of active liver disease.
- History of Cancer, except for basal cell carcinoma or insitu carcinoma of the cervix treated with apparent success with curative therapy or other malignancies are eligible provided that curative therapy was completed -Known history of active tuberculosis (TB)
- History of anaphylaxis to any biologic therapy
- Positive medical history for hepatitis B or C
- Subject with HIV or subject taking antiretroviral medications, as determined by medical history and/or subject's verbal report.