Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Study closed to enrollment
- Patient is at least 18 years old.
- Patient has been diagnosed with symptomatic MM with measurable disease that includes at least one of the following:
- Serum M protein ≥ 1g/dl
- Urine M protein ≥ 200 mg/24 hrs
- Involved free light chain level ≥ 10 mg/dl and an abnormal serum free light chain ratio (<0.26 or >1.65).
- The patient is a candidate for systemic therapy that includes an IMiD® (e.g., lenalidomide, pomalidomide, thalidomide) and/or proteasome inhibitor (e.g., bortezomib, carfilzomib) as part of the initial regimen.
- No more than 30 days from baseline bone marrow evaluation as per this protocol to initiation of first-line therapy.
- Patient has read, understood and signed informed consent.
- Patient is already receiving systemic therapy for MM (a single dose of bisphosphonates and up to 100 mg total dose of dexamethasone or equivalent corticosteroids are permitted prior to registration on study).
- Patient had another malignancy within the last 5 years (except for basal or squamous cell carcinoma, or in situ cancer of the cervix).
- Patient is enrolled in a blinded clinical trial for the first-line treatment of multiple myeloma. Patients may be enrolled in subsequent clinical trials as long as continued access to data and tissue, as per this protocol, is not prohibited.