Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Confirmed diagnosis of multiple myeloma that is relapsed and/or refractory for which no curative option exists.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 to 2.
- During the dose expansion part of the study patients must have measurable disease defined by at least 1 of the following 2 measurements:
- Serum M-protein ≥ 0.5 g/dL
- Urine M-protein ≥ 200 mg/24 hours
- Serum free light chain (FLC) > 100 mg/L of involved FLC
- Patients who are currently receiving treatment with medications that meet one of the following criteria and that cannot be discontinued at least one week prior to the start of treatment with LGH447:
- Strong inhibitors or inducers of CYP3A4
- CYP3A4 substrates with narrow therapeutic index
Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply.