Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Presence of BE defined as ≥ 1 cm of visible columnar mucosa in the distal esophagus with intestinal metaplasia on histology.
- Absence of high grade dysplasia or EAC on baseline histology.
- BMI > 30 kg/m2 or Waist circumference > 102 cm in men, > 88 cm in women.
- Ability to give informed consent.
- Allergy to ω3 FFAs, fish or shellfish.
- Presence of high grade dysplasia or cancer on histology.
- Pregnant and or breastfeeding women
- Presence of esophagitis on initial endoscopy or symptoms of refractory GERD (heartburn or regurgitation ≥ 2 times a week) indicative of uncontrolled gastroesophageal reflux.
- Inability to give informed consent.
- Currently taking Omega3 FFA as prescription
- Anti-coagulant therapy (Plavix, Warfarin, Coumadin)
- AST or ALT level > three times upper limit of normal at baseline
- LDL > 200 mg/dl at baseline.
- INR > 2