Collecting Blood and Tissue Samples From Family Members of Patients With Pancreatic Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, and Melanoma
About this study
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of blood and tissue from family members of patients with cancer to test in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future. PURPOSE: This clinical trial is collecting blood and tissue samples from family members of patients with pancreatic disease, pancreatic cancer, and melanoma.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Meets 1 of the following criteria:
- Has at least 2 blood relatives with pancreatic cancer (both must be related)
- Has at least 1 blood relative with pancreatic cancer and 1 with melanoma (both must be related)
- Mentally competent and able to provide informed consent
- Able to understand and read English
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.