Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age 18-40 years
- No chronic medical conditions other than seasonal or environmental allergies
- On no prescription medications other than second generation antihistamines (Cetirizine, Fexofenadine, Desloratadine, Loratadine, etc), oral contraceptive pills, or intrauterine devices.
- BMI 18.5-35 kg/m2
- Both normotensive and prehypertensive people are eligible and will be studied
- Not a current smoker or tobacco user
- Not pregnant or breast feeding and not intending to become pregnant or breast feed
- The investigators will exclude subjects who have any medical or psychiatric disorders
- History of anxiety or depression, and those taking any medications other than non-sedating antihistamines or oral contraceptives.
- Those found to have depression on a depression screening tool (BDI-II) will be excluded. Current smokers will be excluded.
- All female subjects will undergoing a screening pregnancy test and excluded if positive.
- Subjects found to have significant sleep disorders will be excluded.