Sertraline Pediatric Registry for the Evaluation of Safety (SPRITES)
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
Purposive sample: patients are not randomly selected, that is, he or she must meet certain inclusion criteria in order to qualify as a potential study participant.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Children age 6 to 16 (inclusive) with anxiety, depression, or obsessive-compulsive disorder, receiving treatment in outpatient setting, and who are prescribed a new prescription for sertraline to treat one of the above study-qualifying disorders or beginning psychotherapy for same.
- Psychotic at study entry
- Diagnosis of bipolar disorder
- Diagnosis of schizoaffective or schizophrenia
- Bulimia or eating disorder not otherwise specified (NOS)
- Pervasive developmental disorder
- High risk of suicide within 2 weeks of initiating study treatment
- Significant mental retardation