Local Assessment of Ventilatory Management During General Anesthesia for Surgery - a Prospective Observational Multi-center Cohort Study
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
- What MV-settings are used during general anesthesia for surgery?
- Do MV-settings vary in and/or between centers?
- Do MV-settings vary internationally?
- Are MV-settings associated with incidence of intra-operative pulmonary complications?
- Are MV-settings associated with incidence of post-operative pulmonary complications?
Who is eligible to participate?
- Age ≥ 18 years
- All surgical procedures requiring invasive mechanical ventilation (MV)during general anesthesia for laparoscopic or non-laparoscopic surgery.
- This includes MV performed with supra-glottic devices (e.g. laryngeal mask)
- This includes patients receiving MV at the onset of the procedure (e.g. Intensive Care Unit patients)
- This includes patients who will receive one-lung ventilation during the procedure
- Obstetric surgical procedures or any procedure during pregnancy
- Surgical procedures outside the operating room
- Surgical procedures involving extra-corporal circulation