A Resilience Intervention Involving Mindfulness Training for Transplant and Cancer Patients and Their Caregivers
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The overall aim of this protocol is to examine patient and care-giver outcomes and acceptance of a new 6 week intervention in Arizona for our transplant and cancer patients and their care-givers, designed to improve quality of life, decrease perceived stress, and improve medical outcomes, that has been approved as a pilot clinical program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Patient listed for liver, heart, kidney, or bone marrow transplant
- Patient who has received a liver, heart, kidney, or bone marrow transplant
- Caregiver of transplant patient
- patient with diagnosis of cancer, either active or in remission
- supportive care partner of cancer patient
- Severe cognitive impairment
Cynthia Stonnington, M.D. 480-301-7204