A Phase I, Open Label Study of the Safety and Pharmacokinetics of Escalating Doses of DMOT4039A in Patients With Unresectable Pancreatic or Platinum Resistant Ovarian Cancer
Rochester, Minn., Jacksonville, Fla., Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz.
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This multicenter, open-label, dose-escalating study will assess the safety and efficacy of DMOT4039A in patients with unresectable pancreatic or platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. Cohorts of patients will receive multiple ascending intravenous doses of DMOT4039A. Anticipated time on study treatment is up to 1 year or until disease progression occurs.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Adult patients, >/= 18 years of age
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 or 1
- Histologically documented, incurable, locally advanced or metastatic disease for which no standard therapy exists, consisting of one of the following: Unresectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma or platinum-resistant ovarian cancer
- Measureable disease, defined as at least one bi-dimensionally measurable non-lymph node lesion >/= 1 cm in long-axis diameter on spiral CT scan or at least one bi-dimensionally measurable lymph node measuring >/= 1.5 cm in short-axis diameter on spiral CT scan
- Adequate hematological, renal and liver function
- Treatment with anti-tumor therapy, including chemotherapy, biologic, experimental or hormonal therapy, within 4 weeks prior to Day 1
- Known active infection
- Current Grade >/= 2 toxicity (except for alopecia, anorexia and fatigue) from prior therapy or Grade >/= 2 neuropathy
- Untreated or active cerebral nervous system (CNS) metastases
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women