Identification of a Plasma Proteomic Signature for Lung Cancer
Rochester, Minn., Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz.
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
Blood samples are obtained from those patients undergoing procedures to determine if a lung nodule is benign or cancerous. The data from the study will not be used to guide or influence the treatment of the patients enrolled in this study. There is no change from the normal standard of care that patients receive.
Who is eligible to participate?
- age ≥ 40
- any smoking status, e.g. current, former, or never
- co-morbid conditions, e.g. COPD
- Nodule size ≥ 4 mm and ≤ 30 mm (up to Stage 2B eligible), any spiculation or ground glass opacity
- Pathology: malignant - adenocarcinoma, squamous, or large cell
- Pathology: benign - inflammatory (e.g. granulomatous, infectious) or non-inflammatory (e.g. hamartoma)
- Clinical stage, Primary tumor: ≤T2 (e.g. 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B)
- Clinical stage, Regional lymph nodes: N0 or N1 only
- Clinical stage, Distant metastasis: M0 only
- prior malignancy within 5 years of lung nodule diagnosis
- No nodule size available
- No pathology data available for those with
- Current diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer
- Clinical stage: Primary tumor ≥T3; Regional lymph nodes: ≥N2; 4 Distant metastasis: ≥M1