Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study Of Oral CP-690,550 As An Induction Therapy In Subjects With Moderate To Severe Ulcerative Colitis
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This study is designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of tofacitinib (CP-690,550) in patients with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis who have failed or be intolerant to one of following treatments for ulcerative colitis: oral steroids, azathiopurine/6-mercaptopurine, or anti-TNF-alpha therapy.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Subject must be at least 18 years of age.
- Males and females with a documented diagnosis of UC at least 4 months prior to entry into the study.
- Subjects with moderately to severely active UC based on Mayo score criteria.
- Subjects must have failed or be intolerant of at least one of the following treatments for UC:
- Corticosteroids (oral or intravenous).
- Azathioprine or 6 mercaptopurine (6 MP).
- Anti TNF therapy.
- Presence of indeterminate colitis, microscopic colitis, ischemic colitis, infectious colitis, or clinical findings suggestive of Crohn's disease.
- Subjects with disease limited to distal 15 cm.
- Subjects without previous treatment for UC (ie, treatment naïve).
- Subjects displaying clinical signs of fulminant colitis or toxic megacolon.